Friday, December 19, 2008

RSV


He is always grabbing his feet
Jestin had to try it out, he cracks me up

Blayke has been coughing for a couple weeks. He would start to get better but would start coughing again. I took him to the Doctor on Monday and she basically said it has to run its course. She said they would test him for RSV just to be safe. So I really didn't think he had it. She called me back on Wednesday saying that the test came back positive. I took him in that afternoon and they gave him a breathing treatment. It scared us because I've heard of babies having to be hospitalized. The doctor said that he has a mild case. He isn't wheezing, having a hard time breathing and hasn't had a fever. We have to give him breathing treatments twice a day until he quits coughing. He doesn't mind the mask. He just smiles and sticks his tongue out. It was scary but I am thankful it's not worse. Its been so hard seeing him sick. I can not imagine how hard it was on my parents to see Jace go through all the surgeries and pain that he did. I know that Blayke's cough doesn't come close to what Jace went through, but it made me realize how hard and scary it was for my parents. I am so glad that Jace got his new heart and is healthy.

7 comments:

Torrey said...

Oh baby Blayke! Poor little guy. I hope he gets feeling better. He is such a good baby... Ethan would SCREAM and kick when he had to wear the mask!

Cami said...

Hey there,
I know, RSV sucks! Caleb had it when he was almost a year old. Not fun. I feel for you. Hope he gets feeling better soon. For now, keep yourselves on house arrest! I know that's hard, but you have to do that to keep your Baby well. Best of luck!

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

Awwww poor Blayke. Thats so sad. We hope he gets better soon. When i showed deryck he said, awww my poor little nephew! Looks like he is doing good with that mask. Thats a good thing.
Well, love you all!

GrandmaLori said...

I am so happy that he didn't have a bad case of RSV. He is such a good boy leaving the mask on and smiling throught the whole thing!!

Go to my blog. You've been tagged!

Love ya!

The Yardley's said...

oh Taryn! Beva just told me about Blayke having RSV! Trisha's baby was in the hospital last week from it! It was so scary. She was a mess!Hope he is feeling better soon!

ronda said...

I'm so sorry Blayke is not feeling well it can be really scary when little ones get sick I hope he is doing better he is such a cutie. all our love