Thursday, February 19, 2009

First Airplane Ride






Blayke & I went to Reno last week. My mom was in town for Jordyn's birthday, so we flew home with her on Sunday and came home on Valentine's day. Jestin's work sent him to Elko for a week, so I got to visit my mom for a week. It was so nice, every other time I have gone to Reno, I am only there for a weekend and am driving for 2 of the days. So I really only get one day to visit. This was Blayke's first plane ride. It was a little hectic getting through the airport with our suitcase, carseat, stroller and diaperbag. I checked the suitcase and carseat, but just getting to the ticket counter was hard. Then when we went through security, I had to take mine and Blayke's shoes off, fold the stroller up and send it on the belt with the diaper bag. Blayke did really good on the plane. At first he just looked out and hit the window, then he just played with his toys and fell asleep the last 20 minutes of the flight. When we got off the plane, the pilot was standing there and my mom wanted to get a picture of Blayke at the entrance of the plane, she told him that this was Blayke's first flight so he told us to go take a picture in the cockpit. That was really cool.

2 comments:

GrandmaLori said...

It looks like you and Blayke had fun in Reno. You are awesome to be able to do all of that in the airport. I have a hard enough time when I fly alone with just one suitcase. I can't even imagine trying to fly with a baby and all the baby stuff (stroller, carseat, etc.) too! He looks so dang cute in his mohawk!!!!

I miss you all tons!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya!!

Steph, Ty, and Kylee said...

That is so much fun. I am glad that he was good on the plane. I didn't know your mom lived in Reno, but it is good to visit and just spend some time.